Welcome to my first recipe post! I’ve never posted any of my recipes on my blog before, but I have had so many people ask me about this one in particular. This is one of Brian and I’s FAVORITES. I try to make it at least once a week and I double the recipe, which usually gets us through 1 dinner and 2 lunches each!
I originally found this recipe online months ago and completely modified it to make it my own, so feel free to do the same!
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 Tsp. Salt and 1 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast (cubed)
- 1 Medium-Sized Sweet Potato (small cubes)
- 1/2 Package of Broccoli Florets (could also use asparagus or brusselsprouts)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 1 Tsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Craisins
- 2 Tbsp. Almond Slices (I also add candied pecans sometimes or you can substitute with walnuts or other favorite nut)
- 1.5 Tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/3 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Feta Cheese
Keep in mind that I usually double this. It’s easier for me to just use the entire pack of broccoli florets and 1 full onion… and then I get to enjoy throughout the week 🙂
See instructions below:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Place cubed chicken on the bottom of a glass pan (no need to grease it) and lightly salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, sweet potato, garlic, onion, craisins, almond slices, olive oil and Italian seasoning
- Toss to coat and and veggie mixture over top of the chicken in the pan
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes (40 if doubling)
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes (25 if doubling) or until chicken is cooked throughout and sweet potatoes are soft
- Finally, serve topped with feta cheese, always!